Regional Monitoring and Evaluation programme
Develop a Regional M&E Program that will enable ‘State of the Region’ environmental accounting and reporting.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Oversee the collation of landscape monitoring data that is being/or has been conducted on grazing properties by their managers.
- Collate, analyse and manipulate all data from the ABCD landtype monitoring surveys.
- Adapt the Wentworth Group's Environmental Accounts system, the ACRIS system and the SOR Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting framework developed by SEQ Catchments for the development of the Northern Gulf M&E program.
- Coordinate the choosing of themes for the framework of the M&E program.
- Conduct consultation on the suitability and relevance of monitoring techniques.
- Develop a geodatabase to implement the storage, evaluation and reporting of spatial monitoring data that will collected in the Regional MERI framework.
The first field excursion of the North Queensland Natural history group was held over the weekend of 18th & 19th October at Talaroo Station. The North Queensland Natural History Group consists of people with various levels of expertise with the flora and fauna of north Queensland, from interested beginner to leaders in their field. The group is sponsored by Northern Gulf Resource Management Group’s Wildlife Management Project, through the Caring for Country Program.