Members of the Northern Gulf Resource Management Group
Membership of the NGRMG is open and managed by five sectoral groups, details about these groups are listed below. The NGRMG must at all times provide accountability to the Northern Gulf stakeholders and communities.
We welcome new members especially people who are passionate about the Gulf and the communities it supports. Membership fees are only $2.20 per year. If you wish to be a voting member you need to be able to attend at least 3 meetings per year. Meetings are held throughout the Northern Gulf Region and the group reimburses members for travel expenses to attend.
Please download the membership application form and forward to our head office in Georgetown either by: email firstname.lastname@example.org fax (07) 4062 1488 or post PO Box 63 Georgetown 4871 and if you’d like to call and discuss (07) 4062 1330.
Current Members: by sector
- Cook Shire Council
- Mareeba Shire Council
- Etheridge Shire Council
- Croydon Shire Council
- Carpentaria Shire Council
- Kowanyama Aboriginal Shire Council
Must be a Local Government Council with a large portion of its Shire in the Northern Gulf natural resource planning area.
The representative/s must be nominated by the Council.
- Cairns & Far North Environment Centre (CAFNEC)
Work for nature conservation and protection of the total environment in the Northern Gulf Region.
- To provide a coordinating role for groups and individuals working for, or interested in, nature conservation and environment protection in the Northern Gulf.
- Through the NGRMG, to educate the public and landholders in the Northern Gulf in the principles and values of ecological sustainability.
- To work for, encourage and foster the conservation, protection, enhancement and sustainable use of the natural environment.
- To assist the NGRMG in obtaining and disseminating information about the environment.
To advocate nature conservation and protection of the total environment to business, industry and the community of the Northern Gulf.
- To assist in the development of, and promotion of, environmental research appropriate to the objectives of the NGRMG.
- To engage in discussions, and where appropriate, co-operate with any organisation in Australia or elsewhere for the furtherance of the foregoing objectives.
- To fully recognise the native title rights and traditional land relationships of the Aboriginal people of the Northern Gulf and to work in consultation with rightful Indigenous Communities in regards to identification, protection and management of the conservation values of traditional lands and waters.
- Savannah Guides
- Undara Experience
- OceanWatch Australia
- Gulf of Carpentaria Commercial Fishermen’s Association
- Tablelands Sunfish
- North Queensland Small Miners Association
- Koolgarra Mining Pty Ltd
- Stanbroke Pastoral Company
- Arrabury Pastoral Company
- Huonfels Station
- Broadwater Station
- Wetherby Station
A person nominated by a Group or Organisation (where an industry body does not exist an individual may apply) who represents, and has expertise in, an industry that generates an income from the natural resources in the Northern Gulf natural resource planning area.
- As an organisation – must have expertise and represent a group of individuals that have industry enterprises that earn considerable income in the Northern Gulf region.
- As an individual – must be an industry enterprise that is earning considerable income in the Northern Gulf region.
- Georgetown Progress Association
- JAMARR (Julatten & Mount Molloy Assn of Residents and Ratepayers)
- Karumba Progress Association
- Gulf Barramundi Restocking Association
- Mitchell River Watershed Management Group
- Mareeba Wetlands Foundation
- Western Sector Police Group
- Oak Park Race Club Inc
A Community Group whose Members are largely residents of the Northern Gulf natural resource planning area.
- Must be a Group associated with the protection or management of natural resources in the Northern Gulf natural resource planning area.
- Not aligned with any political or industry bodies.
- Bar-Barrum Aboriginal Corporation Incorporated
- Ewamian Aboriginal Corporation
- Kuku Djungan
- Kurtijar Aboriginal Corporation
- Tagalaka Aboriginal Corporation
- Tagalaka Land Council
- Western Yalanji Aboriginal Corporation
- The Indigenous Sector are representatives of Traditional Owners in the Northern Gulf natural resource planning area.
- Must be nominated by Members of a Traditional Owner Group in the Northern Gulf region to represent that Traditional Owner Group.
- The Applicant should provide details of any Memberships held in the Regional, State or National Indigenous Groups/Organisations.